Bandai Entertainment and Manga Entertainment presents the September 26th DVD release of “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Volume 7.” The highest-budgeted anime TV series ever produced in Japan has been mastered from high-definition masters and presented in dynamic Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, making the last three chapters as much of a treat for the ears as it is for the eyes. Produced by Japan’s renowned Production I.G. (Kill Bill, Blood: The Last Vampire, Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade), GITS: SAC 2ND GIG Volume 7 is the edition to not be missed. The single-disc Standard Edition DVD has a SRP of $24.98. The 2-disc Limited Edition Set, priced with the SRP of $49.98, offers thrilling DTS 5.1 audio, the original soundtrack on CD and a special collectible GITS toy in an exclusive collector’s tin case that can house the entire GITS 2nd Season DVD Collection! Dubbed “an impressive series for its sophisticated integration of first-rate animation, tightly knit stories, and engaging conceptual themes” by DVDVerdict.com; this is the volume that has been anticipated since the beginning of the GITS experience!The Prime Minister is taken into custody but her removal from office is being kept secret. Aramaki and Togusa work to reach her so they can prevent a nuclear attack. In Dejima, the military begins its assault. The Major and some of Section 9 do their best to defuse the situation while the injured Ishikawa tries to deliver the rest of the plutonium to the authorities to prove their case. During the fighting, the Major and Kuze are trapped beneath the rubble together. The Tachikomas inform her that there is a nuclear submarine just out of sensor range. Batou, meanwhile, gets the rangers who are pursuing them to stop fighting and listen to him. Things start to look up for Section 9 but the nuclear missile is still being readied for launch!
The Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Volume 7 DVD boasts the following exciting episodes:
24. Nuclear Power 25. This Side of Justice 26. Endless GIG
Bonus features on the single-disc Standard Edition DVD include:
• Widescreen Presentation mastered directly from Hi-Definition masters, enhanced for 16×9 TVs
• Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound in English and Japanese
• Stereo Audio in both English and Japanese
• Interviews with Kenji Kamiyama (Director), Ken Nishida (Gohda) and Rikiya Koyama (Kuze)
• English Subtitles
The Limited Edition features additional value-added supplements including:
• Special Limited Edition Collector’s Tin that houses the entire 2nd Season DVD Collection!
• V7 Limited Edition Exclusive Collector’s Tin
• DTS 5.1 sound in both English and Japanese
• English Stereo Audio
• Stand Alone Complex O.S.T.3 Music Soundtrack
• Special Collectible Figure: Motoko B-type