FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Right Stuf’s ANIME TODAY Talks “Anime Classics” With ImaginAsian TV’s Justin Sevakis!
Interview, Anime & Gamers’ Guide, contests & reviews in Episode 41!
GRIMES, IA, May 25, 2007 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer The Right Stuf International is pleased to welcome Justin Sevakis, manager of strategic development for ImaginAsian TV, to episode 41 of ANIME TODAY.
On the heels of ImaginAsian TV’s announcement that it is kicking off the “TMS Presents: Anime Classics” programming block on June 5 — and Right Stuf’s announcement that has entered a distribution agreement with TitleMatch Entertainment Group to offer these titles via its storefront
– Sevakis talks about Orguss, Cat’s Eye and Nobody’s Boy – Remi and provides details about their upcoming DVD releases.
Sevakis, who will be supervising the production of these series, has worked in the production department at Central Park Media and founded the Anime News Network (ANN) Web site. He currently writes ANN’s “Buried Treasures” column.
Also in Episode 41 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Kris and Judy continue their discussion about Japan’s schools in this installment of the “Anime and Gamers’ Guide.”
- Shawne tempts listeners with opportunities for savings during the last days of “The Great Wallet Takeover” sale on TOKYOPOP books and manga.
- Marie delivers a review of the new action title Highlander: Search for Vengeance.
- Judy-sensei returns to the classroom for a new mini-Japanese 101 lesson.
- Rich and Nick announce the winners of the “Fukubukuro Fun” contest, kick off a new .hack// contest, and remind listeners about the current Gravitation “Bad Luck Seven” keychain contest.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Have questions about anime, manga or Japan? Call the Anime Today “Q and A” Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. (Fans whose questions are featured on the podcast will receive a $10 Right Stuf gift certificate.)
Visit www.rightstuf.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.Meet other ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the official ANIME TODAY forums at AnimeOnDVD.com:
(http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/57/).ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what’s new and what’s hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you’re into anime and what’s happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT THE RIGHT STUF INTERNATIONAL
Founded in 1987, The Right Stuf International was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Comic Party, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart and The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.