FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Right Stuf’s ANIME TODAY Talks Shoujo Manga with
SHOJO BEAT’s Marc Weidenbaum & Megan Bates
Interview, “behind the scenes” on THE THIRD, reviews & more in Episode 42!
GRIMES, IA, June 8, 2007 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome Shojo Beat Editor-in-Chief Marc Weidenbaum and Senior Editor Megan Bates to episode 42 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new interview, Weidenbaum and Bates discuss the publication’s history, the role reader feedback plays in editorial decisions, how female readers are driving the U.S. manga market, and what the future holds for Shojo Beat as the magazine celebrates its second anniversary and kicks off its third year.
Also in Episode 42 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Kris and Judy from Right Stuf’s production department, Nozomi Entertainment, talk about The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye and the casting process for the show.
- Shawne tells listeners about the “Geneon Bountiful Bargain REMIX” sale.
- Marie reviews the hit josei manga Nodame Cantabile.
- Judy-sensei teaches listeners about the “days of the week” in this episode’s mini-Japanese 101 lesson.
- Rich and Nick announce the winners of the Gravitation “Bad Luck Seven” keychain contest, remind listeners about the current .hack// contest, kick off a new Gravitation contest, and announce a new contest to celebrate the grand opening of the official site for The Third.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Have questions about anime, manga or Japan? Call the Anime Today “Q and A” Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. (Fans whose questions are featured on the podcast will receive a $10 Right Stuf gift certificate.)
Visit www.rightstuf.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the official ANIME TODAY forums at AnimeOnDVD.com:
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what’s new and what’s hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you’re into anime and what’s happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT THE RIGHT STUF, INC.
Founded in 1987, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Comic Party, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart and The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.