ight Stuf’s ANIME TODAY
Features Anime & Gamers’ Guide and Oni-Con Preview Plus contests and reviews in Episode 51!
GRIMES, IA, October 16, 2007 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. kicks off the fall season with a new ANIME TODAY podcast that focuses on fan pastimes, including a preview of this year’s Oni-Con convention in Houston, Texas.
In episode 51 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Kris and Judy talk about trends in “edutainment” style Japanese video games in the “Anime and Gamers’ Guide.”
- Shawne kicks off the “In for a Treat” promotion on Del Rey manga and books.
- Lee Wilson, chairperson of Oni-Con 2007, joins us for a preview of the event’s fourth edition, which will take place on the weekend of October 19-21.
- Rich and Nick provide a rundown of upcoming conventions, courtesy of AnimeCons.com.
- Marie reviews Narushima Yuri’s Young Magician manga.
- In a new mini-Japanese 101 lesson, Judy-sensei covers the classic game “Rock, Paper, Scissors.”
- Rich and Nick announce the winners of our contest for Netcomics totebags and kick off a new contest celebrating the Viz Pictures’
live-action releases of The Taste of Tea and Hula Girls.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Visit www.rightstuf.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.Meet other ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the official ANIME TODAY forums at AnimeOnDVD.com:
(http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/57/).ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what’s new and what’s hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you’re into anime and what’s happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Founded in 1987, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Comic Party, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart and The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.