FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Right Stuf’s ANIME TODAY and ASTRO BOY Director Fred Ladd Talk Early Anime and Live-Action Adaptations Second part of in-depth interview, contests and more in episode 53.
GRIMES, IA, November 9, 2007 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome Mr. Fred Ladd – the pioneering TV producer responsible for the English adaptations of early U.S. anime hits, including Astro Boy, Gigantor and Kimba the White Lion
- to episode 53 of ANIME TODAY for the second installment of a new, in-depth interview.
This time around, Mr. Ladd discusses his favorite projects through the years, his involvement in bringing Sailor Moon and Tobor the 8th Man to North American audiences, his thoughts on Hollywood’s planned, live-action adaptations of classic anime properties and his own current projects.
Also in episode 53 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Shawne shares details about the “Book It to RightStuf.com” sale on manga and more from TOKYOPOP.
- Rich and Nick announce the winners of The Taste of Tea and Hula Girls contests, announce a new contest celebrating Viz Pictures’ DVD releases of the two Gackt: Greatest Filmography video collections and the film Ping Pong, remind listeners about the ongoing contest for weekend passes to the New York Anime Festival, and unveil a new contest to launch the new MySpace pages for Anime Today and Nozomi Entertainment.
- Marie takes on Yoshiki Nakamura’s comedic shoujo manga Skip Beat.
- Rich and Nick provide a rundown of upcoming conventions, courtesy of AnimeCons.com.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Visit www.rightstuf.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.Meet other ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the official ANIME TODAY forums at AnimeOnDVD.com:
(http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/57/).Visit ANIME TODAY on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/animetoday. ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what’s new and what’s hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you’re into anime and what’s happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Founded in 1987, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Comic Party, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart and The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.