FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Right Stuf’s ANIME TODAY Interviews
Actor, Director & Writer Monica Rial
Plus Anime Boston, LiN Clover, reviews, contests & more in episode 62!
GRIMES, IA, March 14, 2008 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome actor, writer and director Monica Rial – who can currently be heard as “Sakura” in Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, “Misuzu” in Air TV and “Lala Gonzales” in School Rumble – to episode 62 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new, three-part interview, Rial – who has acted in more than 150 shows to date – discusses her introduction to the anime industry, her work as a columnist for NEWTYPE USA and as a ADR script adapter, how her foray into directing has brought a new perspective to acting, and her views on the current state of the anime industry.
Also in episode 62 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Shawne reminds fans about the “Neon Genesis of Savings” to be found on ADV Films products and shares details about Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment’s recently unveiled license and upcoming DVD release of Maria Watches Over Us (Maria-sama ga Miteru).
- Tuan Pham previews Anime Boston 2008, which takes place on the weekend of March 21-23 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Kris and Judy discuss unusual Japanese ice cream flavors in the “Anime and Gamers’ Guide.”
- Marie checks out the manga Honey and Clover by Chica Umino.
- Rich and Nick provide a rundown of upcoming conventions, courtesy of AnimeCons.com.
- Judy-sensei has a “sweet” lesson plan in store for this episode’s installment of Japanese 101.
- Rich and Nick remind listeners about the contest for Dragon Ball Z video games on several game platforms.
- Listen to musical clips from the recent JapanFiles.com release, Slumber by LiN Clover.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast’s segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the official ANIME TODAY forums at AnimeOnDVD.com: (http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/57/).
Visit ANIME TODAY on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/animetoday.
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what’s new and what’s hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you’re into anime and what’s happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Founded in 1987, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart and The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.