RIGHT STUF & NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Launch Official Site for
EMMA: A VICTORIAN ROMANCE – emma.rightstuf.com
New trailer, plus contest to win Kaoru Mori artwork reproduction in advance of Season 1 DVD release on June 24, 2008
GRIMES, IA, May 28, 2008 – Anime producer and distributor Right Stuf, Inc. and Nozomi Entertainment are pleased to announce the launch of emma.rightstuf.com (http://emma.rightstuf.com) – the official series site for EMMA: A VICTORIAN ROMANCE, which is set to make its North American DVD debut with the release of its Season 1 DVD Collection on June 24, 2008!
At emma.rightstuf.com, visitors can:
· Watch a new trailer for the series’ first season;
· Enter a contest, held with CMX Manga, for a chance to win an exclusive high-quality replica of EMMA artwork, illustrated by Kaoru Mori, or one of three prize packs featuring the first three volumes of the EMMA manga;
· Read about the anime series, and check out character profiles and screenshots;
· Read “Welcome to Emma’s World,” an introduction to the series and the career of manga-ka Kaoru Mori, by CMX Editor Jim Chadwick;
· Read a Q & A with EMMA creator Kaoru Mori; and
· Download EMMA avatars and desktop wallpapers.
The EMMA: A VICTORIAN ROMANCE – Season 1 DVD Collection — which includes the series’ entire 12-episode first season – is scheduled for release on June 24, 2008. The box set for EMMA -Season 1 is currently available for pre-order at RightStuf.com and other fine retailers. (The Season 2 box set is also currently available for pre-order at RightStuf.com.)
A “masterpiece that shows the true potential of anime as an international art form” - Anime News Network
“…there’s really no way you can go wrong with this release. Here’s hoping it finds its following here.” - Otaku USA
A historical drama set in late 19th-century London, the series chronicles the love story – and the complications that result – when Emma, an honest and hardworking young maid, and William, an earnest suitor and member of the “gentry” class, fall for each other.
Spanning a total of 24 episodes between the two seasons, this anime adaptation of Kaoru Mori’s manga features direction by Tsuneo Kobayashi (The Twelve Kingdoms, Glass Mask OAV, Super GALS!) and scripting by Mamiko Ikeda (Sgt. Frog, Fruits Basket, Princess Tutu). The original manga was honored with an Excellence Prize at the 2005 Japan Media Arts Festival and is available to North American readers via DC Comics’ CMX Manga imprint.
As previously announced, EMMA will be released as two “season” box sets with Japanese audio and English-language subtitles:
· The initial box set release, scheduled for June 24, 2008, will contain the 12-episode first season in its entirety and include a 96-page “Victorian Gazette,” featuring background information and illustrations that explore the Victorian era depicted in the series, from period fashions and travel in England to architecture and day-to-day life. This book also includes a full glossary, with in-depth, historical explanations, plus comments and comics by Kaoru Mori, the creator of the EMMA manga. This exclusive extra is a compilation of the booklets that were previously available with the Japanese limited-edition DVD releases of EMMA.
· The second box set (Fall 2008) will include the 12 episodes of the series’ “Second Act,” plus “Episode 0: Intermission,” a recap/preview that aired prior to the start of the Season 2 telecast in Japan.
About EMMA: A VICTORIAN ROMANCE – Season 1
In 19th-century London, class lines are sharply drawn, and the social standing to which people are born dictates the paths their lives will follow. Emma, an honest and hardworking young maid, never felt her place in life to be a burden. But then she met William, a member of the gentry and the eldest son of a wealthy family. His warm smile and earnest affection threaten to capture her heart… but can love truly conquer all? Contains the complete 12-episode first season.
EMMA: A VICTORIAN ROMANCE – Season 1 DVD Collection
Street Date: 6/24/2008
Runtime: Approximately 300 minutes, Dolby Digital Stereo, Anamorphic Widescreen, Color
Genre: Romance / Historical
Suggested Rating: 7+
Format: DVD (2.0 Japanese, English Subtitles, English On-Screen Translations)
Catalog #: RSDVD0805
Item Measurements: 5 3/8” x 1 5/8” x 7 9/16” (LxWxH), Weight TBA
Case Qty: TBA / case
Scene access, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS: Character biographies, textless opening, textless closing, Japanese promotional commercial, Japanese TV spots, Japanese DVD commercials, U.S. Season One and Season Two trailers and Right Stuf/ Nozomi Entertainment trailers. AND: A 96-page “Victorian Gazette,” featuring background information and illustrations that explore the Victorian era depicted in the series, from period fashions and travel in England to architecture and day-to-day life. This book also includes a full glossary, with in-depth, historical explanations, plus comments and comics by Kaoru Mori, the creator of the EMMA manga. This exclusive extra is a compilation of the booklets that were previously available with the Japanese limited-edition DVD releases of EMMA.
* Cover Art: http://outgoing.rightstuf.com/sleeves/rsdvd0805.jpg
EMMA: A VICTORIAN ROMANCE © Kaoru Mori • ENTERBRAIN, INC./Emma Production Committee.
* To view this image, cut and paste the URL into your Web browser.
** Product specifications and content may be subject to change.
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 21st year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves. Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance and Maria Watches Over Us, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.
From anime classics like