Right Stuf’s ANIME TODAY Interviews
AnimEigo Founder & C.E.O. Robert Woodhead
Plus contests, reviews and music by Trash Box in episode 68!
GRIMES, IA, June 6, 2008 – Anime producer and mega-online anime retailer Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome Robert Woodhead – the founder and C.E.O. of AnimEigo – to episode 68 of ANIME TODAY.
In this new, two-segment interview, Woodhead discusses AnimEigo’s upcoming release of Yawara – a fashionable judo girl, the anime adaptation of Naoki Urasawa’s manga. Additionally, he talks about how AnimEigo got its start, its affinity for releasing series with high episode counts (such as Urusei Yatsura), and their “patron/pre-order” approach to releasing anime. Finally, he shares his recommendations from AnimEigo’s anime and live-action catalogs, including their recent releases of Wakeful Nights and the Palme D’Or winning film The Ballad of Narayama.
Also in episode 68 of ANIME TODAY:
- Chad tells listeners “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
- Shawne shares how listeners can “dive into savings” on selected DVD singles and CDs from Geneon Animation.
- Rich and Nick remind listeners about the FUNimation Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid contest, as well as a contest at the series site for EMMA: A Victorian Romance for a replica of creator Kaoru Mori’s Emma art and copies of the Emma graphic novels from CMX Manga. They also kick off two new contests: one celebrating Viz Pictures’ DVD releases of the Honey and Clover and Love*Com live-action films and a second for tickets to the theatrical screenings of Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody.
- Marie checks out the manga High School Debut by Kazune Kawahara.
- Rich and Nick provide a rundown of upcoming conventions, courtesy of AnimeCons.com.
- Listen to musical clips from the JapanFiles.com CD Bright, Fun & Rock N Roll by Trash Box.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast’s segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/.
Visit ANIME TODAY on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/animetoday.
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what’s new and what’s hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you’re into anime and what’s happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 21st year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves. Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance and Maria Watches Over Us. Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.
From anime classics like