FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Vertical Marketing Director Ed Chavez
TOKYO ethmusica, Sand Chronicles, reviews, contests & more in episode 95!
Chavez has written about manga and Japan’s pop culture for publications such as Publishers Weekly, Anime on DVD at Mania.com and Otaku USA, and he is the editor-in-chief of MangaCast. Prior to joining Vertical, he also freelanced as an editor and translator for Tor/Seven Seas and DC Comics/Wildstorm, and he developed promotional projects for DC Comics’ CMX Manga and Kodansha, Ltd’s KODANSHA BOX.
- Chad shares “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga
- Shawne reminds fans about the “Royal Deals” they can find on books and merchandise from Dark Horse.
- Rich and Nick announce the latest Year of the Otaku winners (and new weekly contest) and remind fans about the Gakuen Alice contest for autographed copies of the manga published by TOKYOPOP. Then they kick off a new contest for copies of the Baccano! starter set from FUNimation.
- Marie delves into the shoujo manga Sand Chronicles by Hinako Ashihara.
- Nick and Rich provide a rundown of late July and early August conventions, courtesy of AnimeCons.com.
- Listen to musical clips from the JapanFiles.com release World’s end wonderland by TOKYO ethmusica, another project from producer Daichi Hayakawa of Sweet Vacation.
- And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.
Have a question about anime and manga? Want to comment on one of the podcast’s segments? Call our Anime Today Hotline at 1-800-338-6827, ext. 7424. You may hear yourself on a future episode of Anime Today!
Visit www.rightstuf.com and www.animetoday.com for this episode, as well as an archive of all ANIME TODAY episodes and extended liner notes. Listeners can also download and subscribe to ANIME TODAY via the Apple iTunes Music Store.
Meet other anime fans, talk with ANIME TODAY listeners, submit your suggestions for future episodes and more at the new ANIME TODAY forums: http://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/
Follow ANIME TODAY on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/animetoday
Find Right Stuf on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Right-Stuf-Nozomi-Entertainment/70101247744?ref=nf
ABOUT ANIME TODAY
Released every other week, ANIME TODAY is the first commercially-produced podcast aimed at enthusiasts of Japanese animation and comics (“anime” and “manga”). Each episode features fresh content and gives listeners a glimpse into what’s new and what’s hot in the world of anime and manga. Segments include reviews of titles from all major anime studios, insights into the industry from anime producers, tips on traveling to and around Japan, interaction with listeners, contests, prizes and more.
“If you’re into anime and what’s happening in the anime market then this is the podcast for you!”
- User review on iTunes
ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC.
Currently celebrating its 21st year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at RightStuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.
Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.
From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars, Ninja Nonsense, To Heart, The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us, ARIA and Gakuen Alice, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.rightstuf.com and www.nozomient.com.